Windows 8 Start Menu Partial Match App Search Problem
I recently had an issue when searching in the start menu for apps they would not show up unless I had an exact match. If you are reading this after coming from a web search you probably have the same issue. Needless to say this was a PITA so I recently set out to solve this issue once and for all. After finding some nightmarish solutions involving completely recreating your user profile by backing it up, wiping it, and re-creating it, I found a simple 10 second solution.
- From Start Menu Open Control Panel
- In Control Panel Open Folder Options
- In Folder Options Panel Click The Search Tab
- Check The Box For Find Partial Matches under the How To Search Section Then Hit Okay
- Crack a cold brew and revel in your success.